Leader of the Pack from bench-scale to production-scale.
OPUS® Columns (10cm - 60cm) delivery time: 6-8 weeks
Breakthrough technology from
the Leader of the Pack in pre-packed columns
With an innovative side port that allows for easy resin unpacking, OPUS® 45R and OPUS® 60R Columns provide the ultimate flexibility in pre-packed column technology.
Without compromising chromatographic performance or cleanability, the new feature helps mitigate the risk of implementing pre-packed columns in cGMP settings, and allows for re-use of the unpacked resin in other columns.
- Innovative side port enables column unpacking after use
- Performance and cleanability of the packed bed is maintained
- Simple procedure allows for complete recovery of resin in <= 5 column volumes
Select from over 300 resins to pack into OPUS® PD Columns for Process Development.
Eshmuno® and Fractogel® are registered trademarks of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
POROS™ and MabCapture® are trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Nuvia™ S is a trademark of BioRad Laboratories, Inc.
Sepharose®, MabSelect SuRe™, MabSelect™, and Capto™ are registered trademarks of GEHC.
Toyopearl® is a registered trademark of Tosoh Bioscience.
OPUS® columns are the result of expert engineering combined with deep industry knowledge and experience in downstream chromatography.
- Unique design features
- Reliable multi-cycle performance
- Robust GMP-compliant construction
- Easy cleaning and sanitization
- Scalable performance consistent across different sizes
- Performance maintained after shipping
OPUS® 45 cm and 60 cm ID columns are the first and only pre-packed columns designed to meet the chromatography requirements of larger 1000L and 2000L single-use bioreactors.
- Easily configured for bed height, resin, and application
- Seamless scale-up from smaller ID columns
- Complete documentation package for GMP use
- Significant time and cost savings compared to conventional column technology
OPUS® columns are designed for use in GMP environments for the manufacturing of clinical and commercial biologic drugs.
- Packed in ISO Class 7 clean rooms
- Complete Regulatory Support File
- Certificate of Analysis for each column configuration
OPUS® Pre-packed Columns for process development, formerly Atoll pre-packed columns, are designed for use in every step during downstream process development, including screening, process validation including viral clearance, scale-up and sample preparation.
- OPUS® RoboColumn for automated parallel chromatography
- OPUS® MiniChrom for process development
- OPUS® ValiChrom for process validation, including viral clearance
- OPUS® 5 for scale-up
- OPUS® CentriColumn for centrifuge sample preparation
- OPUS® PipetColumn for manual sample preparation
Over 19% cost savings and up to 50% labor savings (~92 FTE hours) were achieved when using the OPUS® 60 column compared to traditional self-packed columns.
Glass column amortized over 20 campaigns, OPUS® column over 3 campaigns; 3 batches/campaign; 2 cycles/batch; no column repacks.
Substantial savings are realized because OPUS® columns offer the benefits that come with pre-packed technology:
- No upfront capital expense
- Reduction of CIP and cross contamination
- Faster campaign turnaround time
- Operational excellence (reduce labor requirements)
Data presented are estimates and subject to change.
Use the OPUS® Calculator to find out how much you can save when using OPUS® columns in your specific application.
From quote request to routine use in GMP processes, OPUS® columns go through rigorous quality control and validation.
OPUS® chromatography columns are available pre-packed with CaptivA® resin, combining the superior process economics of CaptivA® resin with ready-to-use convenience and flexible column size options.
Regulatory Support File
by Dana Pentia et al.
BioProcess International 14(1)
Technical and Application Notes
Certificate of Analysis
Selected Third Party References
Prepacked Chromatography Columns: Evaluation for Use in Pilot and Large-Scale Bioprocessing
by Shaun Grier and Saani Yakubu
April 12, 2016