Leader of the Pack.
From bench-scale to production-scale, OPUS® columns are proven pre-packed alternatives to self-packed columns.
Breakthrough technology from
the Leader of the Pack in pre-packed columns
With an innovative side port that allows for easy resin unpacking, OPUS® 45R and OPUS® 60R Columns provide the ultimate flexibility in pre-packed column technology.
Without compromising chromatographic performance or cleanability, the new feature helps mitigate the risk of implementing pre-packed columns in cGMP settings, and allows for re-use of the unpacked resin in other columns.
- Innovative side port enables column unpacking after use
- Performance and cleanability of the packed bed is maintained
- Simple procedure allows for complete recovery of resin in <= 5 column volumes
Sepharose®, MabSelect SuRe™, Mabselect™, Capto™, and Sephacryl™ are registered trademarks of GEHC.
POROS®, and MabCapture™ A are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Fractogel® is a registered trademark of Merck Chemicals International.
Toyopearl® is a registered trademark of Tosoh Bioscience.
Prosep® is a registered trademark of EMD Millipore.
OPUS® columns are the result of expert engineering combined with deep industry knowledge and experience in downstream chromatography.
- Unique design features
- Reliable multi-cycle performance
- Robust GMP-compliant construction
- Easy cleaning and sanitization
- Scalable performance consistent across different sizes
- Performance maintained after shipping
OPUS® 45 cm and 60 cm ID columns are the first and only pre-packed columns designed to meet the chromatography requirements of larger 1000L and 2000L single-use bioreactors.
- Easily configured for bed height, resin, and application
- Seamless scale-up from smaller ID columns
- Complete documentation package for GMP use
- Significant time and cost savings compared to conventional column technology
OPUS® columns are designed for use in GMP environments for the manufacturing of clinical and commercial biologic drugs.
- Packed in ISO Class 7 clean rooms
- Complete Regulatory Support File
- Certificate of Analysis for each column configuration
OPUS® Pre-packed Columns for process development, formerly Atoll pre-packed columns, are designed for use in every step during downstream process development, including screening, process validation including viral clearance, scale-up and sample preparation.
- OPUS® RoboColumn for automated parallel chromatography
- OPUS® MiniChrom for process development
- OPUS® ValiChrom for process validation, including viral clearance
- OPUS® 5 for scale-up
- OPUS® CentriColumn for centrifuge sample preparation
- OPUS® PipetColumn for manual sample preparation
Over 19% cost savings and up to 50% labor savings (~92 FTE hours) were achieved when using the OPUS® 60 column compared to traditional self-packed columns.
Glass column amortized over 20 campaigns, OPUS® column over 3 campaigns; 3 batches/campaign; 2 cycles/batch; no column repacks.
Substantial savings are realized because OPUS® columns offer the benefits that come with pre-packed technology:
- No upfront capital expense
- Reduction of CIP and cross contamination
- Faster campaign turnaround time
- Operational excellence (reduce labor requirements)
Data presented are estimates and subject to change.
Use the OPUS® Calculator to find out how much you can save when using OPUS® columns in your specific application.
From quote request to routine use in GMP processes, OPUS® columns go through rigorous quality control and validation.
OPUS® chromatography columns are available pre-packed with CaptivA® resin, combining the superior process economics of CaptivA® resin with ready-to-use convenience and flexible column size options.
by Dana Pentia et al.
BioProcess International 14(1)
Technical and Application Notes
Certificate of Analysis
Selected Third Party References
Prepacked Chromatography Columns: Evaluation for Use in Pilot and Large-Scale Bioprocessing
by Shaun Grier and Saani Yakubu
April 12, 2016