Leader of the Pack from bench-scale to production-scale.
OPUS® Columns (5cm - 80cm) delivery time: 6-8 weeks
Introducing OPUS® 80R, the latest innovation from the Leader of the Pack.
In response to your need to scale up chromatography processes, Repligen now offers the largest pre-packed column for the bioprocess industry. The first and only 80 cm diameter pre-packed column, OPUS® 80R can be configured with bed heights from 10-30 cm and is capable of purifying over 10 kilos of protein in a single cycle.
Partial List of Resins Packed: OPUS® 5 – 80R
MabSelectSuRe™ and SuRe™ LX
AVB Sepharose® HP
IEX / Mixed Mode Resin
POROS® HQ50, HS50, XS, XQ
Capto™ Impres, SP and Q
Capto™ Impres®, Adhere, MMC
Capto™ Q, S, DEAE, Phenyl
Capto™ Adhere, MMC
SP Sepharose® FF and HP
Q Sepharose® FF and HP
Phenyl Sepharose® FF, HP
DEAE Sepharose® FF
Butyl Sepharose® FF and HP
IEX / Mixed resin Mode
Purolite SP 45, Q65, Q90
Fractogel® TMAE, SO3-, COO, DEAE
Fractogel® TMAE, SE HiCap
Eshmuno® CPX, HCX
Toyopearl® 650M, Butyl, Phenyl, DEAE,
Toyopearl® 600M, Butyl, Phenyl, PPG
Nuvia™ S, cPrime, HRS
UNOsphere S, Q
Select from over 300 resins to pack into OPUS® PD Columns for Process Development.
Eshmuno® and Fractogel® are registered trademarks of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
POROS™ and MabCapture® are trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Nuvia™ S is a trademark of BioRad Laboratories, Inc.
Sepharose®, MabSelect SuRe™, MabSelect™, and Capto™ are registered trademarks of GEHC.
Toyopearl® is a registered trademark of Tosoh Bioscience.
Breakthrough technology from
the Leader of the Pack in pre-packed columns
With an innovative side port that allows for easy resin unpacking, OPUS® 45R, OPUS® 60R, and OPUS® 80R Columns provide the ultimate flexibility in pre-packed column technology.
Without compromising chromatographic performance or cleanability, the new feature helps mitigate the risk of implementing pre-packed columns in cGMP settings, and allows for re-use of the unpacked resin in other columns.
- Innovative side port enables column unpacking after use
- Performance and cleanability of the packed bed is maintained
- Simple procedure allows for complete recovery of resin in <= 5 column volumes
OPUS® columns are the result of expert engineering combined with deep industry knowledge and experience in downstream chromatography.
- Unique design features
- Reliable multi-cycle performance
- Robust GMP-compliant construction
- Easy cleaning and sanitization
- Scalable performance consistent across different sizes
- Performance maintained after shipping
OPUS® 45 cm, 60 cm and 80 cm ID columns are the first pre-packed columns designed to meet the chromatography requirements of larger 1000L and 2000L single-use bioreactors.
- Easily configured for bed height, resin, and application
- Seamless scale-up from smaller ID columns
- Complete documentation package for GMP use
- Significant time and cost savings compared to conventional column technology
OPUS® columns are designed for use in GMP environments for the manufacturing of clinical and commercial biologic drugs.
- Packed in ISO Class 7 clean rooms
- Complete Regulatory Support File
- Certificate of Analysis for each column configuration
OPUS® Pre-packed Columns for process development, formerly Atoll pre-packed columns, are designed for use in every step during downstream process development, including screening, process validation including viral clearance, scale-up and sample preparation.
- OPUS® RoboColumn for automated parallel chromatography
- OPUS® MiniChrom for process development
- OPUS® ValiChrom for process validation, including viral clearance
- OPUS® 5 for scale-up
- OPUS® CentriColumn for centrifuge sample preparation
- OPUS® PipetColumn for manual sample preparation
Over 19% cost savings and up to 50% labor savings (~92 FTE hours) were achieved when using the OPUS® 60 column compared to traditional self-packed columns.
Glass column amortized over 20 campaigns, OPUS® column over 3 campaigns; 3 batches/campaign; 2 cycles/batch; no column repacks.
Substantial savings are realized because OPUS® columns offer the benefits that come with pre-packed technology:
- No upfront capital expense
- Reduction of CIP and cross contamination
- Faster campaign turnaround time
- Operational excellence (reduce labor requirements)
Data presented are estimates and subject to change.
Use the OPUS® Calculator to find out how much you can save when using OPUS® columns in your specific application.
From quote request to routine use in GMP processes, OPUS® columns go through rigorous quality control and validation.
OPUS® chromatography columns are available pre-packed with CaptivA® resin, combining the superior process economics of CaptivA® resin with ready-to-use convenience and flexible column size options.
Regulatory Support File
by Dana Pentia et al.
BioProcess International 14(1)
Technical and Application Notes
Selected Third Party References
Prepacked Chromatography Columns: Evaluation for Use in Pilot and Large-Scale Bioprocessing
by Shaun Grier and Saani Yakubu
April 12, 2016