Ultimate flexibility from pre-packed to unpacked.
OPUS® 45R, 60R, and 80R Pre-packed Columns feature an innovative unpacking port for simple resin removal.
FROM PRE-PACKED TO UNPACKED
Breakthrough technology from
the Leader of the Pack in pre-packed columns
With an innovative side port that allows for easy resin unpacking, OPUS ® 45R, OPUS® 60R, and OPUS® 80R Columns provide the ultimate flexibility in pre-packed column technology.
Without compromising chromatographic performance or cleanability, the new feature helps mitigate the risk of implementing pre-packed columns in cGMP settings, and allows for re-use of the unpacked resin in other columns.
- Innovative side port enables column unpacking after use
- Chromatographic behavior or cleanability of the packed bed is maintained
- Simple procedure allows for complete recovery of resin in < 5 column volumes (CV)
The OPUS® unpacking port drives even greater flexibility into downstream processing.
- In the event of a deviation, if the OPUS® pre-packed column performance cannot be recovered, the column can be unpacked and the resin can be repacked into a traditional, self-packed column.
- After the intended usage of the OPUS® pre-packed column, the column can be unpacked and resin transferred to a development or pilot setting for additional use.
The OPUS® 45R, 60R, and 80R unpacking procedure includes the introduction and cycling of liquid and air between the existing column inlet and outlet ports. The process is repeated until only air is evacuated from the unpacking port.
Watch the video to see how an OPUS™ 60R pre-packed column is unpacked.
100 cm/hour with 1% CV of 10% Acetone
Lack of dead zones measured by phosphate cleaning confirms the CFD transitional analysis: 6 log reduction of phosphate in <2 CVs